Friday, September 21, 2012

Temptation

Temptation-noun
1.
the act of tempting; enticement or allurement.
2.
something that tempts, entices, or allures.
3.
the fact or state of being tempted, especially to evil.
4.
an instance of this.
5.
( initial capital letter ) the temptation of Christ by Satan. Matt. 4.
 
Temptations happen to everyone, all the time! But the difference is how we overcome our temptations. I love this verse about temptation:
 
1 Cor 10:13 (TEB) Every temptation that has come your way is the kind that normally comes to people. But God keeps his promise, and he will not allow you to be tempted beyond your power to resist; at the time you are tempted he will give you the strength to endure it, and so provide you with a way out.
 
Whenever I am faced with temptation I have a choice, and although I ocassionally I fall to that treat, I know God is there to pick me back up. Or he keeps me strong with will power to stay away from that treat. Another verse comes to mind, and happens to be one of my favorite verses of all time. 
 
13 I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13 (NKJV)
 
Whenever I find that chocolate craving creeping up, or that thought of giving up, or that feeling of complete exhaustion. I repeat that verse in my head, and it reminds me that Christ wouldn't give me anything I couldnt handle, and I know I am strong enough to make it through anything placed along my path. 
 
Sometimes, when accomplishing your fitness goals, you dont just do that, you find yourself. You learn what you are truely capable of. You earn a sense of confidence that no one else could ever give or buy you. You earned a sense of self-discipline that is irreplaceable. You have grown into a stronger person overall! 
 
During my journey, I have been in the ups and downs, and everytime I make that smart descision over that guilty pleasure I grow. 
 
I hope you find your strong hold to get you through any situation you face! Just remember that if it were easy everyone would do it! 
 
Stay strong & Get FIT!
 
xo
Nina 

No comments:

Post a Comment